Saturday, July 14, 2012

Catching Up

Dang it's been a long time since I've posted!

So here's a recap of what's been happening in our lives for the past little while.
I'll start off with Devon's opera.

So glad it's over because I never ever got to see my husband, but shoot dang he did a good job!
I was so proud of him!

Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of him in all his get up :(
He got a pretty big role with songs all to himself and what not. He has a BEAUTIFUL voice and it was a hilarious show. Didn't like all the make-up they put on him though.
That freaked me out a bit
However, my family did come to surprise him for the show which was completely awesome!

I'm kind of a terrible photographer, because I didn't get any pictures of them here either...

OH WAIT! Yes I did!
My mother always wants a family photo whenever we're together. Unfortunately for her we don't take it seriously at all...


We loved having them out here, and they spoiled us rotten :)

Then they left, and we had to get back into the normal daily grind.
Devon did get a job though which we are SO grateful for, and hopefully he'll be starting it soon.

On a more personal note, I decided I need to get out and start taking some pictures and creating.
So I decided on a topic for a series I am going to do just for the fun of it, and I am going to document it all right in here...


I've done this before in highschool where I took a book and made it into a photo journal, and I absolutely loved it so I'd figure I'd do it again.
I'm not using the same book because my older one is a bit big and I need one that can fit into my purse, so whenever I have a thought or idea I can jot it down.
I am excited to get further into this, and I think it will be a nice goal for the summer.

Today I threw my friend a baby shower, and it was actually really fun!
I was very worried because the last shower I threw her was awful, and I wanted to make sure this was better.


Everything turned out so great! 
And I was so proud of my decorating skills haha


I was especially proud of this idea. Thanks to Devon it worked out pretty well
:)

So yeah, that's been the goings on lately.
Nothing too exciting but maybe better blogs will come after I get done with this killer semester.
I might actually have time to do something interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment