Sunday, April 15, 2012

Kansas Part 1

This past week we had the awesome opportunity to go back to my home in Kansas.
I cannot tell you how excited I was. 



We went back to see the new temple our church built in Kansas City, which my dad painted a massive mural in. It was absolutely gorgeous. 



I didn't get to bring my camera because mainly I didn't want to lug it around with me all day, so I just used my trusty I-pod haha. 
There were so many people at the temple it was crazy. They even extended the open house for another week so that more people could come see it. It is awesome.



We were lucky enough to get to go through with my parents and my grandmother. Unfortunately I don't have the photos of the whole group. Devon drove my grandma around in the wheelchair which was really quite humorous.
And then we went out to eat after the open house and I got these cute mini burgers! Haha I love mini things.




My dad wanted to put his hand in it to show the scale haha. 

So on this little vacation, we didn't tell my sisters' and went to surprise them while they were shopping at a store. We just walked past them and they were like "Wait...what?" haha I have a video, but it's long so I won't torture you.
Marissa, my middle sister, was gone a lot with work and school and such so I didn't get to see her much. When I did get to see her I realized I never really took any photos :( My mistake.
But we did get to go with her to look for her prom dress 
(and when I say 'we' I mean Lindsay, me AND Devon haha)

Me and Lindsay's awkward prom picture
I have to break this vacation up into two parts because there is just so much to talk about. It would be way too much to write on my part, and read on your part haha.

More to come!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I can't wait to hear the rest! I'm SO jealous I'm not there, but my mom is visiting so that's close too :o)

    ReplyDelete